Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Feature Story I find interesting

I found this feature story in the Chicago Tribune titled "Body art bias varies in workplaces". It is about how people with tatoos are having more difficulty finding jobs and keeping jobs because of their body art. It says that about 40 percent of Americans ages 26-40 have at least one tatoo. That is a very large percentage of our population. I find this story very interesting because so many people have tatoos and I think they should really think about how it might affect them in the workplace before getting a tatoo.
David Shutt has experienced discrimination throughout his life in the workplace due to his tatoos. I like when he reccomends to people, "Before anyone at any age gets a tatoo, they need to think long and hard what they're going to get and where it is going to be put, because people do discriminate against you."\
(I still need to post the link doc, I need to reread how to do that.)

No comments: