Monday, December 3, 2007

Eat this you fat idiot!

I found this article by Morford quite interesting and entertaining. I do not necessarily think he is insulting the reader, rather he is giving his own very strong opinion about the fast-food industry, especially Wendy's new burger the "Baconator". Although, it might be offensive to people who enjoy eating fast-food regularly.
I liked his style of writing because Morford got straight to the point and told the truth(at least in his opinion). He used descriptive, eye-catching words, and I never got bored while reading this article. The thing that turned me off was how he targeted Wendy's and may have insulted people who eat "sickenly brownish-gray, chemicalblasted 1/4 pound beeflike patties, intersliced with two slabs of neon-orange cheeselike substance,slathered with mayonaise, all topped with six strips of bacon."
I think this article would be more suited for people in bigger cities like San-Fransisco and Chicago because of the diverse populaltion of people. Also, I have noticed while visiting large cities that people tend to eat healthier and live healthier lifestyles than in smaller cities so they may be more likely to agree with Morford. With that said, I do not think it would fly too well in midwest cities such as Springfield and smaller surrounding towns.

No comments: