Monday, December 3, 2007

Lopez Article

The article I chose by Lopez was "Strangers' Paths Cross: a Boy's Life Hangs in the Balance". The main character is former San Diego fire chief Jeff Bowman. This article uses internal dialogue in first person point-of-view. For example, Danny says "I thought, Oh my God, whats going to happen? Am I going to die? My brain had no idea what was going on but my body said hold on.
There is a form of irony in this article. It is that Danny was supposed to play Patrick Henry in his school play with his big line being "Give me liberty or give me death." The poor boy is fighting to live and will either be free or die.
The author uses narrative to tell this amazing story of how the courageous boy survived. It is mostly third person with some first person internal dialogue by Danny.
Some of the techniques used included:
Character- Danny
Dramatic Action- Danny being hit and dragged by a car
Place- Palisades Circle, LA
When-September 20

No comments: